How to prepare a cheque?
- In main windows, select the cheque book which you like to issue cheque from.
- Click the "New" icon in Tool Bar.
- A "Cheque" window is shown out.
- The explanation of input fields are given below.
- "Account" field shows which account this cheque belongs to.
- The cheque number is assigned according to the sequence defined in the Cheque Book.
But, you can click to override it.
- By default, "Date" will be assigned with today value. Click to choose a different date.
- You have different options specified for the cheque, like "A/C Payee Only".
If the option is not defined in the cheque template, the option will be greyed out.
- Payee can be typed directly or load from payee list by clicking .
You can also save the Payee into Payee List directly by clicking .
- Amount input will be shown, in the cheque, in number and also in word.
- Particulars & Audit Code are for internal account and audit purpose.
These two fields will not be shown in the cheque.